5 Household Skincare Ingredients To Try During Social Isolation
Since we are sitting at home social isolating presumably, it is safe to assume that many of us are going stir crazy... why not take a few extra moments for our skin with some household ingredients you might have lying around the house! Even from inside the house; dirt, dust and environmental pollutants can still get to our skin and harm it if we don't take care of it. As we age, these effects can be seen more clearly and obviously; as the breakdown of collagen and elasticity in our skin create a little more difficulty for the skin to recover from any sustained damages.
The aforementioned cleansers, and general ingredients serve a range of different purposes including: clearing the skin of excess oils, bacteria, pollutants, and even brightening the skin and correcting unevenly coloured skin. The following 6 ingredients work as great ingredients for the cleansing of oily skin.
1. Milk: The main active ingredient is lactic acid, which serves as a deep pore cleanser. Cleaning dirt and dust particles from the skin. Reducing acne, blackheads, pimples/breakouts and whiteheads alike. Some people mix this with rose water, honey, turmeric powder, or carrot juice.
2. Honey & Lemon: Honey and lemon is natural moisturizer, with antiseptic properties. This concoction is said to clear acne, works as a gentle cleansing agent, reduces dryness and flaking, with the capacity to even the skin tone.
Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes for best results! You can use this as a mask, as well. Mixing the two ingredients together, and rubbing onto the face in circular motions.
3. Apple Cider + Vinegar: An effective way to cleanse skin of bacteria and any pollutants, debris, or dirt. You can also use these a dab on treatment for wrinkles or age spots. Acetic acid is the active ingredient, which is said to have brightening properties to help even out the skin tone and correct dull skin or age spots.
4. Rose Water: Rose water possesses anti-inflammatory properties and serves as an agent to remove dirt and oil from clogged pores. Rose water soothes inflamed skin to rid it of eczema, dermatitis and acne. Sensitive skin would benefit from this ingredient.
5. Cucumber and Tomato: It takes one tomato and two tablespoons of honey. Squeeze all the juice from the tomato, and mix well with cucumber and honey. Can be used as a mask for 15-20 minutes prior to rinsing. Cucumber also carries anti-inflammatory properties, paired with tomato's antioxidant properties, help to brighten the skin
We hope you can make use of some of these cleansing and moisturizing ingredients for your skin that might be lying around your house. You don't even need to spend any extra on skincare products that you're not sure work--- being that during social isolation; the only staple stores we go to might have funny return policies!